PrintUI Forum

For PrintUI web-to-print and web-to-web solutions
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:08 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:59 pm 

Hello,
we tried to lock the object so user cannot move accidentally the frame, but we have realized they can still add more lines and frame gets taller on enter, is there a way how to lock this so user must fit in the given frame size please?
does it connected to allowNewText somehow? Gnerally we would like to achieve this using magento with your extension.
Thank you for hint!
Marek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:42 pm 

Hello Mara,

I'm very sorry for the delay in answering this question.

If I understand you, the frame is growing to accommodate additional text. You can prevent frame growth by going into the Text Frame Options for the frame in the original InDesign document, clicking on the Auto-Size tab and setting it to "Off."

This will stop the frame from changing size, but it will not prevent your users from entering too much text. If they attempt to do that the existing text will "scroll" upwards in the frame to show the added text at the bottom of the frame, but any text added after the frame is full will be lost on output, with only that portion from the original beginning character to the last character that fits being used. The Preview in the online editing space should show this accurately.

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to stop the interface from accepting text entry once the frame has reached capacity.

Does this answer your question?